Monday 25 February 2013

As Canadian as Maple Syrup

A woman was shot in her home and exsanguinated while a RCMP officer sat in his car and did nothing. His rationale? The neighborhood looked ok to him. His punishment? Docked one day's pay. Women's groups continue to harangue and plague federal and urban police services over their lack of interest in missing and murdered women. The most common response I've seen from my 'fellow Canadians'? Oh well, just a bunch of bitching Indians. The women's groups I mentioned try to represent all murdered and missing women, but mainstream Canada doesn't want to hear it.

Our federal government has an economic action plan. If you've missed out on hearing about it, you must have been hibernating. From what I've seen of it personally, it's a pretty good plan and they've managed to channel some stimulus dollars into some very worthwhile projects. It could be a lot better, but having said that, it's better than anything I've seen the US come up with lately. So, what's my bitch? If it's a government program, then good, that's what you were elected to do. Stop using our tax dollars to campaign with. Period. What are Canadians doing about it every time these ads show up on their televisions? Probably just changing channels. Your tax dollars at work.

What's as Canadian as maple syrup? Apathy. As soon as I get a chance at looking at some more local stuff, I'll get on it. For those of you happy with the status quo, hang in there, everything's going according to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment